5 secrets of a successful office relocation
Your business is going great, and you have much more employees. Finally, there is a time for office relocation along with much-needed space. Especially when such big things are in staging, it usually affects everybody. That involves a lot of planning and arranging, step by step. Here is how to do a successful office relocation stress-free and in the most efficient way.
1.Reconsider relocating again
Last year was challenging due to the coronavirus situation, especially financially. Put on paper the pros and cons of relocating, and have in mind that it will take up to few months to be in your new place. Make sure to calculate all the expenses. The budget is of great importance here, and if everything is adequate, then proceed into planning your move. Consider hiring professionals to help you do it with ease, and inform your employees as soon as possible. By giving them information a few months ahead of relocation, they will adjust to the change.
2. Start planning your successful office relocation
Plan everything, even the smallest task such as design, placement, position. Keep in mind that comfort has a large role in creating an environment that will boost productivity.
Relaxation zones are a huge plus in your new place also. The well-being of your employees is one of the goals. Having a good workspace can certainly optimize focus and efficiency. A great complement would be adding details like plants and decorative accents. We feel better when our surroundings are pleasantly decorated and look inspiring, so when you need to zoom out from work a little bit, you have all the comfort you need. Hire a professional to help you with the design and buildout. Office relocation is a perfect time to replace old equipment and furnishings. When thinking about packing and moving, consider hiring a moving company. Movers Fairview TN has reliable and trustworthy companies.
The best thing you can do is to make a checklist. Go through it every day, task by task, you will improve your wayfinding technique and always have a work plan in your hands. Here are some tips on how to plan your work:
- Write everything and bring with you a small notebook/planner
- Describe your ideal space, from curtains to the floor to the people charge for design
- Make a list of the items that need to change
- Calculate the budget
- Think about hiring professionals to manage your move, which can save you time and money
- Form a team that will lead a specific part of the work
- Inform your clients that you are relocating
- Separate office equipment and start packing
3.Packing equipment and preparing for the move
Take the time when packing fragile goods. That way, you will be sure that everything is safe. It means that you will need to plan accordingly and get organized in advance. You should collect all fragile items and sensitive electronics and place them in one room. It is best to list all these items and categorize them. This way you, will have a clear picture of how much equipment you have and what supplies you need.
It will take some time and patience, but you need to make sure you did everything right. Some of the rules to follow:
- Always make sure to use new supplies
- Pack the electronics in their original boxes if you saved them
- Use enough amounts of packing peanuts or bubble wrap
- Use enough duct tape to make sure the boxes remain shut
- Properly label everything, including the UP side
Preparing your packed items
After your breakable goods are secured, it is time to load them into the truck and prepare them for the big move. When putting your fragile possessions into the transport vehicle, make sure it’s all well placed and secured, just like when you were packing and preparing it. A successful office relocation is the main focus and moving your fragile goods the right way and without damage.
The moving company is helpful and time-saving.
The best option when it comes to a successful office relocation is definitely to hire a professional team to deal with moving. In fact, whether you are moving your office locally or long-distance, having trustworthy movers by your side definitely can help big time too. Commercial movers Nashville is a top choice if you are looking for a locally-owned and reliable company for such a big project.
4.Design your new office
Here it is, an ideal opportunity to transform your new office into everything you ever wanted. From the flor to the ceilings, desks, chairs, everything just the way you imagined. The key to a successful office relocation is energy and inspiration. Here is a list of some ideas to consider:
- Plants are a great addition to your office
- Interior should be innovative, pleasant, and above all appropriate and useful
- The contrast in colors is always interesting, intrigue and creative
- Separate space for pauses and lunch breaks
- Coffee, everybody loves coffee. Place a coffee machine
- Match furniture that looks professional and modern
5. Final results of your successful office relocation
Moving is always stressful, and that is not something you can change. Instead, try to minimize the stress and make the most of the experience. Approach the moving process with a positive attitude, have a plan, and stick to it.
Establish your work routine again, organize and implement your work, and enjoy your new place. As soon as you accommodate in a new space, things start to go back to normal again.
Update your address online:
- Website, Contact Us page, and footer
- Email footer
- Google My Business page
- Any directories where your company is listed
Think about hosting an open house to celebrate. Invite employees and customers to share in the excitement. With coronavirus situations and physical distancing measures, group gathering would depend on precautions to reduce the risk to employees’ health and safety.